Career Path : LANDSCAPER 1
The Landscaper 1 must know and gain proficiency in performing regular tasks of landscape installation/construction.
- Meet all requirements of Landscape Novice job description.
- Maintain physical fitness level necessary to complete assigned job tasks.
- Comply with all company policies/procedures and safety requirements.
- Conscientious of safety procedures for company employees on the job site.
- Report all unsafe conditions and practices to daily leader or foreman.
- Proper care of tools/equipment on job site to avoid loss or misuse.
- Manage "Landscape Novice" employees under supervision of foreman.
- Continuing education - minimum of 12hrs./yr (8/hr in-house training, 4/hr outside source).
- Basic drainage installation (down spout drain/ catch basin) under supervision of foreman.
- Project demolition.
- Basic tractor operation/inspection/maintenance.
- Lateral irrigation lines construction/installation under supervision of foreman.
- Basic dry stack stone wall construction.
- Basic dry set flagstone work.
- Assist with lawn area grading/ sod installation.
- Assist w/ planting and develop advanced planting skills.
- Drip line/ emitter layout and install under supervision of foreman.
- Mulch installation incl. detailing around plants.
- Assist with daily worksheets.
- Proficient use of rototiller and other basic machinery.
- Check fluid levels and monitor safe operation of equipment used.
- Basic low voltage landscape lighting installation.
- Basic dry set brick work.
- proficient, safe, proper use of equipment and tools as specified.
- proper and safe skills in demolition work.
- proper installation of basic drainage systems, irrigation trenching and laterals, plant material.
- drip system laterals and emitters, and mulching.
- adhere to company policies, standards and safety guidelines.
- able to work with other employees as a team.
- able to meet or exceed company production rates set forth.
this position reports directly to the foreman.
back to careers list