Career Path : LANDSCAPER 2
The Landscaper 2 must know and gain proficiency in performing regular/advanced tasks of landscape installation/construction. This position should be able to perform with minimal technical supervision.
- Meet all requirements of Landscaper 1 job description.
- Maintain physical fitness level necessary to complete assigned job tasks.
- Comply with all company policies/procedures and safety requirements.
- Conscientious of safety of the customer, job site, and company employees on site.
- Interact with customer as needed.
- Report all unsafe conditions and practices to foreman or daily leader.
- Proper care of tools/equipment on job site to avoid loss or misuse.
- Manage "Novice" and "Landscaper 1" employees under supervision of foreman.
- Require minimal technical supervision.
- Continuing education requirement of minimum of 12/hr/year.
- Possess and demonstrate basic plan reading and layout skills.
- Advanced drainage installation (down spout drain/french drain, catch basin, collection areas) under supervision of foreman.
- Safe tractor operation/inspection/maintenance.
- Irrigation trenching including use of walk behind trench.
- Irrigation system programming.
- Complete irrigation system construction/installation under supervision by foreman.
- Proficient and complete dry stack stone wall construction
- Assist foreman with site grading and transit operation.
- Finish grading.
- Proficient in dry set brick work.
- Basic soldering of copper pipe.
- Proper use of basic woodworking tools.
- Header board installation.
- Able to identify 25 commonly used plants on CLT list by common name and botanical name.
- Complete daily worksheets.
- Train to become CLCA Certified Landscape Technician in landscape construction.
- Proficient, safe, proper use of equipment and tools as specified.
- Proper and safe skills in performing duties.
- Demonstrate proficiency of job skills as listed above.
- Adhere to company policies, standards and safety guidelines.
- Able to work with other employees as a team.
- Able to meet or exceed company production rates set forth.
- Pass CLCA Certified Landscape Technician exam - If attained before Foreman level, add company assigned value to wage base.
This position reports directly to the foreman.
back to careers list