Career Path : LANDSCAPE PROJECT MANAGER - ESTIMATOR
The "Landscape Project Manager-Estimator" must be proficient in managing all tasks relating to landscape installation/construction. This position estimates landscape construction projects and manages multiple landscape construction projects together with the Production Manager.
- Meet all requirements of "Landscape Production Manager" job description.
- Comply with all company policies/procedures and safety requirements including supervisor and foreman discipline and documentation.
- Act as intermediary between company management and Production Manager.
- Ability to effectively and expeditiously process change orders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate company resources.
- Ability to process and coordinate beautification award entries.
- Ability to develop and process quarterly newsletter.
- Ability to manage invoicing operations relative to completed operations of the landscape division.
- Possess valid Calif. Drivers License and be insurable by company insurance carriers.
- Continuing education requirement of minimum 20 hrs./year.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies aimed at attracting projects which company likes to do.
- Inform office staff regarding invoicing schedule for all landscape projects.
- Manage billing for landscape projects to reflect actual job progress.
- Schedules and oversees field operations with production manager.
- Conducts pre-construction meetings with property owner, production manager, field staff and subcontractors.
- Ensure that all extras are documented, approved by project owner, and billed accordingly.
- Analyze designs and complete take-offs for estimating purposes.
- Contacts subcontractors and suppliers to obtain quotes for inclusion in estimates.
- Develops project estimates and sells new jobs.
- Communicate progress on landscape projects to company management and field staff effectively.
- Coordinate subcontractor work with production manager.
- Maintain up to date bid board.
- Create and maintain job files.
- Follows up with clients after job completed (6 mos.).
- Monitors call backs and warranty work.
- Conduct final walkthrough with client.
- Promote landscape maintenance program offered by Company to customers with recently completed jobs.
- Present operating instructions and as-built plans (if needed) to clients during final walkthrough.
- Proper and safe skills in performing duties.
- Demonstrate proficiency in management of landscape operations paperwork.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and honestly with field operation team and management team.
- Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for landscape field operations.
- Demonstrate proficiency of job skills as listed above.
- Adhere to company policies, standards and safety guidelines.
- Able to work with and management and other employees as a team.
- Able to manage landscape construction team to meet or exceed company production rates set forth.
This position reports directly to General Manager.
back to careers list