Career Path : LANDSCAPE FOREPERSON
The "Landscape Foreperson" must be proficient in performing all tasks of landscape installation/construction. This position should perform with effective leadership, provide supervision and training in an efficient and professional manner.
- Education - High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Meet all requirements of Landscaper 2 job description.
- Maintain physical fitness level needed to perform job tasks.
- Comply with all company policies/procedures and safety requirements including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Responsible to enforce safety of the customer, job site, and company employees on site.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to communicate in basic Spanish.
- Interact with customer daily as needed.
- Identify and correct all unsafe conditions and practices and communicate actions to supervisor and/or owners.
- Proper care of tools/ equipment on job site to avoid loss or misuse.
- Manage installation employees under supervision of owners.
- Require minimal technical/ project supervision.
- Possess CLT in landscape construction.
- Possess valid Calif. Drivers License and be insurable by company insurance carriers.
- Continuing education - minimum of 20 hrs./yr (12 hrs. in-house training, 8 hrs outside sources).
- Read and follow plans, material lists, guidelines and apply necessary timelines.
- Conduct regular tailgate safety meetings.
- Supervise and lead one to ten employees and be able to set priorities.
- Develop and maintain motivated, effective crews.
- Fulfill all regular and advanced installation/construction duties including project layout and complete required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Organize, supervise, lead, and train employees to complete projects within established guidelines and time frame.
- Advanced landscape construction skills.
- Able to identify 50 common plants on CLT list by common and botanical names.
- Be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Proficient, safe, proper use of equipment and tools as specified.
- Proper and safe skills in performing duties.
- Demonstrate proficiency of job skills as listed above.
- Adhere to company policies, standards and safety guidelines.
- Able to work with and lead/supervise other employees as a team.
- Able to meet or exceed company production rates set forth.
- Demonstrate proper project layout, plan interpretation and adherence to timelines.
This position reports directly to Landscape Supervisor.
back to careers list