Career Path : LANDSCAPE NOVICE
The novice must know and gain proficiency in performing basic tasks of landscape installation.
- No previous experience needed.
- Legal documentation to verify employment eligibility.
- Wear appropriate work boots, uniform shirts ascribed by company policy.
- Familiar with company manual and policies contained and set forth, include safety guidelines/standards.
- Use assigned tools and equipment in proper/safe manner.
- Assist unloading work trucks, delivery trucks, on site set up. Keep job site staging area clean and organized.
- Assist in keeping the job site tidy/safe.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Be able to reach over head.
- Be able to work in various positions including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Be able to lift 50# of weight frequently through out assigned work day.
- Be able to bend and stoop repeatedly through out assigned workday.
- Maintain physical fitness level required to perform assigned job tasks.
- Reliable transportation to job site/office.
- Report to work at the assigned time and assigned location, perform duties as assigned. If unable to report for work, notification to company office is mandatory.
- Learn aspects of installation work and assist where needed or assigned.
- Able to use basic installation tools: shovel, spade, maddox, digging bar, hand rake, wheelbarrow, lawn roller, grading rake.
- Proper/safe operation of electric demolition hammer.
- Learn and perform basic planting skills.
- Learn the operation of basic power equipment, i.e. - rototiller, chain saw, line trimmer, etc.
- Dig and clear drain/irrigation trenches.
- Communicate w/ lead people regarding progress of tasks.
- Able to meet company production rates and standards.
- Novice expected to learn and demonstrate proper use of equipment within 90 days of hire.
- Novice expected to meet production rates set forth by company as assigned.
- Novice expected to meet job skill specifications prior to advancing to Landscaper.
This position reports directly to leadman/daily supervisor/ foreman.
Base or Entry Level scale
back to careers list