Career Path : LANDSCAPE SUPERVISOR
The "Landscape Supervisor" must be proficient in performing all tasks of landscape installation/construction. This position should perform with effective leadership, provide supervision and training in an efficient and professional manner, manage multiple landscape projects, and act as an intermediary between landscape field operations and company management.
- Meet all requirements of "Landscape Foreman" job description.
- Maintain physical fitness level necessary to complete assigned job tasks.
- Comply with all company policies/procedures and safety requirements including foreman discipline and documentation.
- Responsible for enforcing safety of the customer, job site, and company employees on site.
- Act as intermediary between landscape field crew and management as needed.
- Ability to effectively and expeditiously complete change order work authorized by customer and Production Manager.
- Identify and correct all unsafe conditions and practices and communicate actions to Production Manager.
- Ability to manage field level personnel at multiple projects.
- Possess CLT in landscape construction.
- Possess valid Calif. Drivers License and be insurable by company insurance carriers.
- Continuing education - minimum 20 hrs./year (12/hrs in-house training, 8/hrs outside source).
- Complete personal daily time log for work completed.
- Read and follow plans, material lists, guidelines, and apply necessary timelines.
- Assist foreman with highly technical tasks.
- Purchase materials for all landscape field operations.
- Carry out field training of landscape construction personnel under direction of Production Manager.
- Communicate material, equipment, and personnel needs to Production Manager in a timely manner.
- Supervise field operations for up to 4 job sites and their respective crews.
- Assist Production Manager with work force scheduling and dispatching of crews to appropriate job sites.
- Mediate personnel, equipment, and customer problems under direction of Production Manager.
- Supervise field level safety program and ensure that all injury reports are turned in to office staff.
- Review daily worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Turn in reviewed daily worksheets to office staff.
- Approve layout work done by foreman.
- Identify extra work on projects, prepare and submit change order requests to estimating department for processing.
- Able to identify 100 common plants on CLT list by common and botanical names.
- Be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Proper and safe skills in performing duties.
- Demonstrate proficiency of job skills as listed above.
- Adhere to company policies, standards and safety guidelines.
- Able to work with and management and other employees as a team.
- Able to meet or exceed company production rates set forth.
- Demonstrate ability to manage field operations on multiple projects as outlined above with support of Production Manager and field personnel.
This position reports directly to Production Manager.
back to careers list