Career Path : LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE 2
The "Landscape Maintenance 2" worker must know and gain proficiency in performing complex tasks of landscape maintenance, irrigation analysis and repair, advanced pruning and trimming skills, and demonstrate the ability to work within the quality and performance guidelines as established by the company.
- Fulfill all requirements of the "Landscape Maintenance 1 position."
- Maintain physical fitness level necessary to complete assigned job tasks.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Able to speak, read and write in English.
- Able to communicate in basic Spanish.
- Demonstrate ability to train and delegate work to others.
- Familiar with company manual and policies contained and set forth, include safety guidelines/standards.
- Use assigned tools and equipment in proper/safe manner.
- Familiar with company's Maintenance Program and Guidelines.
- Completed training for the application of chemicals.
- Understand basic irrigation principles and demonstrate ability to effect all routine irrigation repairs.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize irrigation deficiencies.
- Continuing education requirement; minimum 8 hr/year.
- Operate a chain saw.
- Able to understand and use a root feeder fertilizer applicator.
- Able to identify by common names 25 frequently used plants that appear on the CLT plant list and demonstrate knowledge of the cultural requirements of those plants.
- Prune fruit trees, citrus pants, and perennial flowering shrubs (evergreen and deciduous).
- Calibrate fertilizer application equipment.
- Understand irrigation water management.
- Able to identify all components of irrigation systems.
- Demonstrate ability to program irrigation controllers.
- Use pesticide application equipment demonstrating the proper application techniques.
- Identify the proper procedure for transporting and storing pesticides.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the proper procedure for emergency spill cleanup.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic elements of fertilizers.
- Use of safety equipment in the proper manner.
- Participation in training program for basic pest control procedures.
- Able to identify by common name 5 broadleaf weeds in turf grass.
- Establish relationship with customers.
- Communicate with lead people progress of tasks.
- Train to become CLT in L/S maintenance.
- Able to meet company production rates and standards.
- Proficient and safe use of specified equipment.
- Identify by common name 25 frequently used plants and demonstrate knowledge of the cultural requirements of those plants.
- Able to prune fruit trees, citrus, and perennial flowering shrubs correctly.
- Know fertilizer application techniques and be able to properly calibrate fertilizer application equipment.
- Know about proper pest control techniques.
- Identify by common names 5 common broadleaf weeds in turf grass.
- Able to effect normal repairs in the lateral line and sprinkler components of spray irrigation systems after correct identification of problem/s.
- Able to do routine maintenance on drip and spray irrigation systems.
- Demonstrates ability to program irrigation controllers.
- Communicate problems to maintenance foreman.
- Demonstrate effective water management on assigned projects.
- Demonstrate ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate in basic Spanish.
- Able to work as a team member.
- Pass CLCA Certified Landscape Technician exam - If attained before Foreman level, add company assigned value to wage base.
- Landscape Maintenance 2 expected to demonstrate proficiency in the above skill areas prior to advancing to the position of Landscape Maintenance Foreman.
This position reports directly to Landscape Maintenance Foreman.
back to careers list