Career Path : LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE FOREPERSON
The "Landscape Maintenance Foreperson" must be proficient in performing complex tasks of landscape maintenance, irrigation repair and analysis, advanced pruning and trimming skills, and demonstrate the ability to work within the quality and performance guidelines as established by company. This position also is responsible for field level management of crews on individual projects.
- Education - High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Fulfill all requirements of the "Landscape Maintenance 2" position.
- Maintain physical fitness level necessary to complete assigned job tasks.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Able to communicate in Spanish, preferably bi-lingual English/Spanish.
- Be able to manage, supervise, encourage the advancement, and discipline assigned crewmembers.
- Demonstrate ability to train and schedule work for others on jobsite.
- Supervise daily truck and trailer set-up in order to facilitate the day's work.
- Familiar with company manual and policies contained and set forth, include safety guidelines/standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and supervise assigned crewmembers.
- Ability to complete daily worksheets in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain equipment in good operating condition.
- Able to train field staff in the application of chemicals.
- Manage assigned projects practicing effective and efficient water management.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize and complete repair of irrigation deficiencies.
- Must have a valid California driver's license and be insurable by company insurance carriers.
- Possess CLT - landscape maintenance.
- Continuing education requirement: minimum 12 hrs./year.
- Train crewmembers to complete job within established time frame.
- Encourage advancement of crewmembers after proper training has occurred.
- Plan and organize work for crewmembers on job.
- Interface with client when needed.
- Supervise truck/trailer setup daily and manage equipment and supplies for landscape maintenance projects.
- Properly discipline and reward crewmembers.
- Enforce company safety policies and procedures.
- Able to repair all components of irrigation systems.
- Program irrigation controllers on all assigned job sites.
- Able to effectively drive and back-up a truck and trailer combination.
- Manage assigned projects practicing effective water management techniques.
- Recognize drainage deficiencies and problem soils.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the proper procedure for emergency spill cleanup.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic elements of fertilizers.
- Use of safety equipment in the proper manner.
- Able to identify by common names 50 frequently used plants that appear on the CLT plant list and demonstrate knowledge of the cultural requirements of those plants.
- Participation in training program for basic pest control procedures.
- Establish relationship with customers.
- Communicate w/ lead people and management regarding status of assigned job sites.
- Able to meet company production rates and standards.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the above job skills.
- Identify by common name 50 frequently used plants that appear on the CLT list and demonstrate knowledge of the cultural requirements of those plants.
- Able to aesthetically prune trees, vines, and shrubs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper fertilization and pest control techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage irrigation systems.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and complete irrigation repairs including mainline and lateral line repair, sprinkler head replacement and adjustment, control valve wiring and repair, and controller troubleshooting and programming.
- Communicate problems to maintenance supervisor.
- Demonstrate effective water management on assigned projects.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Demonstrate ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Able to work as a team member.
- Landscape Maintenance Foreman expected to demonstrate proficiency in the above skill areas prior to advancing to the position of Landscape Maintenance Supervisor.
This position reports directly to Landscape Maintenance Supervisor.
back to careers list