Career Path : LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE NOVICE
The novice must know and gain proficiency in performing basic tasks of landscape maintenance.
- No previous experience needed.
- Possess willingness to learn new skills.
- Legal documentation to verify employment eligibility.
- Wear appropriate work boots, uniform shirts ascribed by company policy.
- Familiar with company manual and policies contained and set forth, include safety guidelines/standards.
- Use assigned tools and equipment in proper/safe manner.
- Assist loading and unloading work trucks and trailers.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Be able to reach over head.
- Be able to work in various positions including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Be able to lift 50# of weight frequently through out assigned work day.
- Be able to bend and stoop repeatedly throughout assigned workday to complete assigned job tasks.
- Maintain physical fitness level necessary to complete assigned job tasks.
- Reliable transportation to job site/office.
- Report to work at the assigned time and assigned location, perform duties as assigned. If unable to report for work, notification to office is mandatory.
- Use assigned tools in a safe manner.
- Become proficient in the use of basic maintenance hand tools: leaf rake, broom, hoe, shovel, cultivator, water hose, quick coupler key, hand pruners, hedge shears and refuse totes.
- Become proficient in the use of basic power equipment used for landscape maintenance: hedge trimmers, line trimmers, 21" lawn mower, and leaf blower.
- Learn and perform basic planting skills.
- Become proficient in loading and unloading of truck and trailer used in landscape maintenance operations.
- Perform regular safety inspections on vehicle and trailer.
- Communicate w/ lead people regarding progress of tasks.
- Able to meet company production rates and standards.
- Novice expected to learn and demonstrate proper use of equipment within 90 days of hire.
- Novice expected to meet production rates set forth by company as assigned.
- Novice expected to demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand and power tools prior to advancing to the position of Landscape Maintenance 1.
This position reports directly to Landscape Maintenance Foreman.
Base or Entry Level scale
back to careers list