Career Path : MAINTENANCE PRODUCTION MANAGER
The "Maintenance Production Manager" must be proficient in performing all tasks of landscape maintenance. This position should manage all landscape maintenance projects, and act as an intermediary between landscape maintenance field operations and company management.
- Meet all requirements of "Maintenance Supervisor" job description.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Be able to reach over head.
- Be able to work in various positions including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Responsible for enforcing safety of the customer, job site, and company employees on site.
- Act as intermediary between company management and maintenance field operations as needed.
- Ability to effectively and expeditiously process enhancement orders.
- Identify and correct all unsafe conditions and practices and communicate actions to owners.
- Ability to manage multiple landscape maintenance projects and coordinate company resources.
- Ability to respond to new client contacts within 1 business day.
- Ability to deliver estimates to prospective clients within 10 business days.
- Ability to deliver estimates for enhancement work at existing projects within 5 business days.
- Ability to follow up promptly subsequent to initial sales calls.
- Ability to communicate the company goals concerning landscape maintenance disciplines and processes.
- Possess CLT in landscape maintenance.
- Possess valid Calif. Drivers License and be insurable by company insurance carriers.
- Continuing education requirement of minimum 20 hrs./year.
- Maintain all maintenance contracts and customer files.
- Oversees the training of field personnel on all maintenance equipment.
- Ensures that office building and grounds are routinely maintained.
- Read and follow plans, material lists, guidelines, and apply necessary timelines.
- Collect reports of regular tailgate safety meetings conducted by foremen.
- Order and schedule material deliveries for landscape maintenance sites.
- Supervise the production at multiple landscape maintenance projects.
- Manages and dispatches all subcontractors on landscape maintenance projects.
- Schedule work force allocations for all landscape maintenance projects with input from supervisors and foremen.
- Communicate needs on landscape maintenance projects to company management and field staff effectively.
- Routes all landscape maintenance work with help of maintenance supervisor.
- Recruit, interview, hire, discipline, evaluate and terminate all landscape maintenance field staff.
- Mediate personnel, equipment, and customer problems with input from supervisor and foreman.
- Oversee, implement, and ensure training of field staff.
- Supervise safety program and ensures that injury reports are turned in to office staff daily for processing.
- Manage irrigation controller scheduling with assistance from supervisors and foremen.
- Review daily worksheets for accuracy and completeness and turn into office staff for processing.
- Ensures that delivery tickets and purchase orders are correctly coded with project name and are turned into to office staff daily for processing.
- Maintain equipment and vehicle preventive maintenance program.
- Manage inventory of materials used for landscape maintenance department.
- Estimate and sell landscape maintenance work and enhancement work on existing landscape maintenance projects.
- Conduct walkthroughs with clients and with maintenance supervisor.
- Schedule start-up meeting with client, maintenance supervisor, and maintenance foreman.
- Promote landscape maintenance program offered by company.
- Present operating instructions and as-built plans (if needed) to clients during final walkthrough.
- Be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Proper and safe skills in performing duties.
- Demonstrate proficiency of job skills as listed above.
- Adhere to company policies, standards and safety guidelines.
- Able to work with and management and other employees as a team.
- Able to manage landscape maintenance team to meet or exceed company production rates and quality standards.
This position reports directly to Operations Manager.
back to careers list