Career Path : ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The "Administrative Assistant" must be proficient in performing work tasks in the company office as directed by the Office Manager. This includes filing work and data entry processing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll. This position assists in all front office functions and reports directly to Office Manager.
- Possess HS diploma or GED.
- Comply with all company policies/procedures and safety requirements.
- Ability to complete tasks as assigned by Office Manager.
- Ability to answer company telephone and distribute phone calls/voicemail to the appropriate person or department.
- Ability to pickup and sort incoming mail.
- Ability to manage files of employees, work completed, work in progress, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Ability to communicate directly and honestly with office manager.
- Ability to maintain inventory of office supplies and forms.
- Ability to organize and sort for processing all job invoices and daily time sheets.
- Ability to enter employee hours, accounts receivable, and accounts payable information into company bookkeeping/accounting program.
- Ability to administer company employee manual for new hires.
- Ability to use company accounting, word processing and spreadsheet computer programs (Quickbooks Pro, MS Word, MS Excel, etc.).
- Possess valid Calif. Drivers License and be insurable by company insurance carriers.
- Continuing education requirement of minimum 8 hrs./year.
- Answer telephone and distribute calls to appropriate department, person, or voicemail box.
- Pickup incoming mail daily.
- Sort incoming mail by vendor and project name.
- Distribute incoming mail to proper person or department.
- Sort job invoices and distribute all T & M invoices to the appropriate project file for billing.
- Make certain that all invoices from vendors are priced and include project name and phase.
- Keep office supplies stocked and in neat order.
- Maintain and update project files weekly.
- Obtain authorization from company insurance company for new drivers.
- Distribute and manage company employee manual for new hires.
- Distribute and update company benefit programs including health plan and retirement plan.
- Obtain subcontractor insurance information and update subcontractor files as needed.
- Enter time data into company accounting program for payroll processing.
- Update and file information relating to worker's compensation claims.
- Maintain design department files and plan room.
- Deliver and pick up designs from blueprint vendor.
- Copy and distribute completed landscape designs to installation crews as directed by landscape designer.
- Prepare daily project sheets for maintenance crews and compile information from completed maintenance project sheets.
- Update maintenance customer records and file maintenance paperwork into appropriate project files subsequent to processing for AR, AP, and payroll.
- File all paperwork in the appropriate file folder under direction of Office Manager.
- Create new vendor files at beginning of calendar year.
- Maintain inventory of plant material in company nursery.
- Demonstrate proper skills in performing duties.
- Demonstrate proficiency in completion of office paperwork.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and honestly with office manager and management team.
- Demonstrate proficiency of job skills as listed above.
- Adhere to company policies, standards and safety guidelines.
- Able to work with and owner and other employees as a team.
This position reports directly to Office Manager.
back to careers list