Career Path : OFFICE MANAGER
The "Office Manager" must be proficient in managing all aspects of the company office including analysis and processing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll. This position manages all front office functions and reports directly to General Manager and owner(s).
- Minimum 5 years experience in front office operations of a contracting firm and a 4-year college degree.
- Comply with all company policies/procedures and safety requirements.
- Ability to evaluate prospective employees for office staff positions.
- Ability to act as intermediary between company management and field operations.
- Ability to proactively manage company financial resources.
- Ability to communicate directly and honestly with project manager, production manager(s), and owner(s).
- Ability to analyze and evaluate current office systems and effect change as needed.
- Ability to organize and manage all communications and daily field operations reports from field operations.
- Ability to produce contracts for owner's signature.
- Ability to manage company manual.
- Ability to manage company human resources and employee records.
- Ability to advise on cash flow management for the company.
- Ability to manage all office operations.
- Ability to reconcile company bank accounts.
- Ability to produce financial reporting documents for analysis by company management..
- Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet computer programs (MS Word, MS Excel).
- Possess valid Calif. Drivers License and be insurable by company insurance carriers.
- Continuing education requirement of minimum 20 hrs./year.
- Evaluates and recommends for hire all office personnel.
- Manages schedule for office work identified in office checklist..
- Writes, maintains, and updates company SOPs (standard operating procedures).
- Oversees and ensures that all bookkeeping tasks are completed on schedule.
- Maintains all personnel records and reports.
- Ensures that job-costing records are current and accurate.
- Manages accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll recording.
- Manages and maintains all local, state, and federal tax records.
- Processes all employment tax payments for signature of owner.
- Manages worker's compensation reporting requirements and prepares monthly audits for payment and signature of owner.
- Researches, evaluates, recommends, and implements new software and computer hardware purchases to satisfy office needs.
- Manages regular training for office staff.
- Coordinates with CPA to prepare financials and taxes.
- Prepares company financial reports for company management.
- Prepares and manages file folders for all direct job expenses.
- Update company manual with operations manager.
- Maintain Confidence L/S website.
- Process worker's compensation insurance forms with office staff.
- Manage workers' compensation claims.
- Maintains payroll records, prepares paychecks for owner's signature, and prepares payroll reports.
- Prepares all checks for owner's signature.
- Manages and reconciles all bank accounts under supervision of owner and/or general manager.
- Demonstrates proper skills in performing duties.
- Demonstrate proficiency in management of office paperwork.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and honestly with general manager and management team.
- Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for front office aspects of company.
- Demonstrate proficiency of job skills as listed above.
- Adhere to company policies, standards and safety guidelines.
- Able to work with and owner and other employees as a team.
- Able to manage office team to perform all duties as listed above.
This position reports directly to General Manager and Owner(s).
back to careers list