Career Path : OPERATIONS OR GENERAL MANAGER
The "Operations or General Manager" must be proficient in managing all tasks relating to production and record keeping. This position manages all operations and reports directly to owner(s).
- Minimum 10 years experience in field operations and 4 year college degree.
- Meet all requirements of "Landscape Project Manager" job description.
- Comply with all company policies/procedures and safety requirements including project manager and production manager discipline and documentation.
- Act as intermediary between company management and Project Manager.
- Ability to proactively manage company financial resources.
- Ability to prepare and analyze annual company budget.
- Ability to communicate directly and honestly with project manager(s), production manager(s), and owner(s).
- Ability to analyze and evaluate current operational systems and effect change if needed.
- Ability to manage cash flow for the entire company.
- Ability to manage office operations in conjunction with field operations.
- Possess valid Calif. Drivers License and be insurable by company insurance carriers.
- Continuing education requirement of minimum 25 hrs./year.
- Meet all job skill requirements of "Landscape Project Manager".
- Hires, disciplines, and fires project manager and production manager positions.
- Manages schedule identified in office checklist.
- Prepare and present annual company budget and monitor relative to actual results.
- Produce long range goals for the landscape construction division of company.
- Writes, maintains, and updates company SOPs (standard operating procedures).
- Oversees and ensures that all bookkeeping tasks are completed on schedule.
- Maintains all personnel records and reports.
- Ensures that bookkeeper receives all paperwork and information from field operations.
- Ensures that job-costing records are current and accurate for all projects.
- Monitors A/P to ensure favorable pricing from vendors and subcontractors.
- Researches, evaluates, recommends, and implements new software and computer hardware purchases.
- Manages regular training for office staff, project manager, and production manager.
- Coordinates with CPA to prepare financials and taxes.
- Analyze and understand financial reports including P/L report and Balance Sheet.
- Reviews all estimates for new projects with project and production manager.
- Reviews and writes annual company strategic plan for owner's review.
- Arranges financing for equipment and company line of credit.
- Develops marketing plan including advertising.
- Update company manual.
- Manage workers' compensation claims and insurance costs.
- Review insurance annually.
- Coordinate financial affairs with bank.
- Proper and safe skills in performing duties.
- Demonstrate proficiency in management of operations paperwork.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and honestly with field operation team and management team.
- Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for financial aspects of company.
- Demonstrate proficiency of job skills as listed above.
- Adhere to company policies, standards and safety guidelines.
- Able to work with and owner and other employees as a team.
- Able to manage landscape operations team to meet or exceed company production rates set forth.
This position reports directly to Owner(s).
back to careers list