Looking for a fulfilling career working outdoors? Rubicon Landscape Group, an enterprise program of Rubicon Programs, Inc., is a full-service landscape maintenance and construction company with commercial, municipal, and government clients. We offer the above industry benefits and have been voted a 2022 Great Place to Work by our employees.
Under the general supervision of a Landscape Supervisor, the Crew Leader acts as a crew lead the primary source ensuring job site quality; this includes ensuring that tools and equipment are maintained in good order and the maintenance of a safe and orderly work environment.
Location: 4951 Arroyo Rd, Livermore, CA 94550
- Job-site quality: Distribute work among crew members, oversee tasks, monitor work quality, and serve as the crew’s liaison to management. Inherent is responsibility for the consistent delivery of on-time work product and service consistent with Rubicon Landscape and contract quality standards.
- Flowers, shrubs, ground covers, lawns, hedges, and other plants: Plant, grade, seed and fertilize; mow, trim and weed; spray. Remove debris, water, and make irrigation adjustments.
- Vehicles and equipment: Clean and prepare vehicles for the next service day; inspect and maintain equipment (includes lubricating as needed) before use to ensure proper and safe operation; report problems to the Supervisor.
- General conduct and safety: Provide initial contact to team members regarding correction of inappropriate or unprofessional behavior. Provide immediate reporting of unsafe working conditions and/or practices to the Supervisor.
- Communication: Build relationships with clients and property managers; serve as first point of contact in the field for questions and issues.
- Training: Provide training as needed on the use of equipment, safety items, policy, procedures, etc. to team members.
- Evaluation: Assist Managers in evaluation in performance of the team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leadership, reliability, teamwork, interpersonal flexibility, solid communication skills, a customer service approach, and receptivity to instructions and feedback from supervisors.
- Proficiency in the use and inspection of backpack sprayers, pole saw/pruners, hand saws, lawn mowers greater than 36” rototillers, brush chippers, aerators, thatcher’s and of basic sprinkler adjustments and repairs.
- Proficiency in the proper techniques and methods of pruning and shaping trees and other specimens naturally, and of applying fertilizers and pesticides.
- Comfortable in using technology and software in a daily basis.
- Proof of a valid driver license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle report.
- Bend and/or kneel up to 10% of the time.
- Lift, reach, carry, push, pull: up to 50 pounds and up to 50% of the time.
- Stand, walk up to 90% of the time.
- Must be able to work outside during all seasons of the year.
- Conversant or fluent in English language and conversant in Spanish language.
- Must be proficient in using a smart phone to send/receive calls, text, and emails.
STARTING PAY: $22-$24 Dependent on qualifications.
AS A RUBICON EMPLOYEE, YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A safety-focused, professional workplace.
- Year-round, full-time position.
- Competitive hourly pay, including federal prevailing wage for some assignments.
- Medical HMO/HSA, dental, and vision health plans.
- Paid vacation (0-3 years = 3 weeks (15 days) per year | 3+ years = 4 weeks (20 days) per year)
- Sick leave (12 days/year), and company holidays.
- Employee-sponsored retirement plan.
- Company uniform with free laundering and mending.
- Provided PPE, vehicle, trailer, and equipment.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Rubicon requires proof of vaccination for employment.
Rubicon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of culture, thought and lived experiences. We seek talented, qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, conviction history, uniform service membership/veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical conditions, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression regardless of physical gender, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Rubicon uses E- Verify to validate the eligibility of our new employees to work legally in the United States.