A $16M non-profit Rubicon, provides direct services at six locations in Alameda and Contra Costa counties and operates a growing commercial landscape social enterprise program that is a leader in sustainable practices. Rubicon transforms East Bay communities by equipping people to break the cycle of poverty. Recognized as a national leader in workforce development, Rubicon provides individualized one-on-one career advising, job search support, financial education, wellness and legal services, to very low-income people who face significant barriers to achieving economic mobility.
Rubicon is a 2022 Great Place to Work on a journey towards becoming a high-road employer and an anti-racist organization. We are committed to systems change and advocacy through efforts like expanding and deepening Employee Resource Groups; the launch of an internal Racial Justice Task Force; and implementation of talent and culture supports that acknowledge and facilitate healing from the direct and indirect effects of racial trauma.
Rubicon actively recruits staff members with a diversity of culture, thought, and lived experiences who are not only highly skilled, but who consistently demonstrate a commitment to our vision of an East Bay without poverty and are passionate about this work.
Contracts Administrator – Landscape
This full-time position serves a pivotal role in ensuring all our contracts are organized, compliant, that we have a clear picture of all contract changes & impact, extra work generated & potential, helping make sure we are getting paid on our contracts, not running over budget (labor or materials), in addition to assisting with renewals and managing vendors. This individual must interact with landscape employees at all levels, customers and vendors in a manner that fosters collaboration and promotes customer service.
- Maintains detailed and organized contract files. Tracks contract and policy compliance. Is responsible for ensuring compliance with client, local, state and, federal regulations and Rubicon Landscape policy. Leads internal and external compliance audits and tracks corrective measures. Supports Account Managers in managing contract requirements that require Quality Control Plans.
- Tracks authorizations and customer correspondence. Maintains an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules. Prepares and disseminates information to appropriate employees regarding contract status.
- Analyze, assess, forecast and report on landscape division performance; may include writing queries from raw data, creating KPIs, statistical modeling and forecasting.
- Coordinates processes for annual budget preparation and ongoing budget management including the use of metrics such as KPI’s and dashboards to measure performance. Supports the accounting function in ensuring collection of receivables. Processes and tracks all extra work orders to closure.
- May assist in developing and leveraging enterprise wide data and information sharing systems, and management software systems and services; documenting business process needs and recommend solutions including documentation, standardization, and improvement of administrative, financial functions especially leveraging effective software usage.
- Provides pre-contract support and post-award non-production contract management. Responsible for post award administrative contracts compliance; including ensuring prescribed client reporting and communication and contract performance. Assists with major contract renewal projects; participates in all contract renewal projects.
- Maintains and manages vendor files.
- May provide administrative support which could include procuring supplies, preparing purchase orders, reports, company forms and routine correspondence; generating work orders and maintaining records and critical division documents.
- Office support including reception duties and administering the phone systems; sorting mail, filing and ensuring that offices supplies and equipment are available and maintained in good working order.
* To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
- Solid analytical and business computing skills. Risk mitigation skills — can spot budget and reporting errors; knowledgeable with Salesforce online software; can navigate system to update account, contract, and vendor records, run and create reports.
- Proven contract management skills, while taking a “hands on” implementation approach when needed; ability to use considerable judgment, initiative and independence; flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects; landscape, construction or related industry knowledge is highly desirable.
- At least one year of experience with contract and basic financial management functions and processes; proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; excellent oral and written communication skills; interpersonal flexibility and solid teamwork.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel efficiently throughout the Bay Area and therefore proof of a valid driver license, current auto insurance, and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report are required.
Salary: $60,000 – 68,000/year
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Medical, Dental and Vision health plans. Kaiser and Sutter Health options.
- 3 weeks paid vacation and sick leave, 13 paid holidays.
- 4 days paid restorative holiday between Christmas and New Years.
- Employer sponsored and matched retirement plan.
- Pre-tax transportation and flexible spending accounts.
Rubicon requires proof of vaccination for employment.
Rubicon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values diversity of culture, thought, and lived experiences. We seek talented, qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, conviction history, uniform service membership/veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical conditions, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression regardless of physical gender, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Rubicon uses E-Verify to validate the eligibility of our new employees to work legally in the United States.