A $16M non-profit Rubicon, provides direct services at six locations in Alameda and Contra Costa counties and operates a growing commercial landscape social enterprise program that is a leader in sustainable practices. Rubicon transforms East Bay communities by equipping people to break the cycle of poverty. Recognized as a national leader in workforce development, Rubicon provides individualized one-on-one career advising, job search support, financial education, wellness, and legal services, to very low-income people who face significant barriers to achieving economic mobility.
Rubicon is a 2022 Great Place to Work on a journey towards becoming a high-road employer and an anti-racist organization. We are committed to systems change and advocacy through efforts like expanding and deepening Employee Resource Groups; the launch of an internal Racial Justice Task Force; and implementation of talent and culture supports that acknowledge and facilitate healing from the direct and indirect effects of racial trauma.
Rubicon actively recruits staff members with a diversity of culture, thought, and lived experiences who are not only highly skilled, but who consistently demonstrate a commitment to our vision of an East Bay without poverty and are passionate about this work.
Looking for a fulfilling career working outdoors? Rubicon Landscape Group, an enterprise program of Rubicon Programs, Inc., is a full-service landscape maintenance and construction company with commercial, municipal, and government clients. We offer the above industry benefits and have been voted a 2022 Great Place to Work by our employees.
Rubicon actively recruits staff members with a diversity of culture, thought, and lived experiences.
The Landscape Control Specialist works throughout the Bay Area at commercial, municipal, and federal sites to assess and treat insect and disease problems. This person works under the supervision of the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Manager.
- Apply various types of treatments to mitigate and eliminate weeds, plant disease, and destructive insects and rodents in the landscape.
- Operate and maintain various types of equipment, including but not limited to power and hand sprayers, granule application equipment, and rodent traps.
- Drive a pickup truck with a tow-behind equipment trailer, often independently.
- Maintain accurate and timely records Complete continuing education requirements needed to maintain an active Qualified Applicators License.
- Uphold safety best practices.
- Experience handling and applying chemicals in a landscape or agricultural setting, using a power sprayer and other handheld equipment.
- A strong working knowledge of pesticide application, including the use of pre-emergent and post-emergent herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, and other products used in the care of landscaped areas.
- Willingness and ability to obtain a State of California, Qualified Applicators License (category B and C) within one year of hire, if not already licensed.
- The ability to be bonded and/or pass a background check for work on federal sites.
- The physical capacity to work outdoors in all seasons of the year and to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- A valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report are required.
HOURS: 40 hours per week. As some assignments must be conducted after business hours, applicants must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights and occasional weekends.
STARTING PAY: $22-$25 Dependent on qualifications.
AS A RUBICON EMPLOYEE, YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A safety-focused, professional workplace.
- Year-round, full-time position.
- Competitive hourly pay, including federal prevailing wage for some assignments.
- Medical HMO/HSA, dental, and vision health plans.
- Paid vacation (0-3 years = 3 weeks (15 days) per year | 3+ years = 4 weeks (20 days) per year)
- Sick leave (12 days/year), and company holidays.
- Employee-sponsored retirement plan.
- Company uniform with free laundering and mending.
- Provided PPE, vehicle, trailer, and equipment.
- Advancement opportunities.
Rubicon requires proof of vaccination for employment.
Rubicon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of culture, thought and lived experiences. We seek talented, qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, conviction history, uniform service membership/veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical conditions, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression regardless of physical gender, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Rubicon uses E- Verify to validate the eligibility of our new employees to work legally in the United States.