The Landscape Office Manager works under the direction of the Director of Administration and is responsible for managing, implementing, and evaluating administrative and billing operations and policies to promote effective service delivery. The Landscape Office Manager also works with the Contracts Administrator on contract renewals and the annual budget. They also assist in creating and implementing best practices and continuous improvement in all administrative operations. This individual will interact with landscape employees at all levels and customers and vendors in a manner that fosters collaboration and promotes customer service.
• Manages administrative setup and renewal steps for all required business licenses, permits, and insurance.
• Serves as a Human Resources (HR) point of contact for landscape staff, including hiring, onboarding, and other HR processes (preparing employee change status forms and other documents) and works with Rubicon’s HR department to support open enrollment and wage determinations and to help ensure HR compliance.
• Point of contact for timesheet compliance and outreach to staff and supervisors.
• Manages the coordination of the annual budget preparation and ongoing budget management.
• Manages the billing processes and updates appropriate software for data entry.
• Serving as point and ambassador ensures productive interoperability with Rubicon Programs Shared Services and external vendors. Coordinates Landscape-specific board meetings as needed.
• Update and track staff data and information using multiple software.
• Manages Employee Incentive Plans – ensures payments are complete, accurate, and timely.
• Processes initial insurance landscape claims and supports their closure. Proactively promotes safety with managers and supervisors, responds to safety inquires, and fosters cooperation among various safety agencies throughout the state.
• Administrative support may include procuring supplies, preparing purchase orders, reports, company forms, and routine correspondence, generating work orders, and maintaining records and critical division documents.
• Office support, including reception duties and administering the phone systems; sorting mail, filing, and ensuring that office supplies and equipment are available and maintained in good working order.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proven office management skills while taking a “hands-on” implementation approach when needed; ability to use considerable judgment, initiative, and independence; flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects; landscape, construction, or related industry knowledge is highly desirable.
• At least one year of supervisory experience is desired.
• Hands-on experience with essential financial management and human resource functions and processes; proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality; excellent oral and written communication skills; outstanding interpersonal skills and teamwork; effectively collaborating with individuals in all areas of the organization; builds trust; possesses integrity; embraces hard work.
• Many Rubicon Landscape employees speak Spanish as their primary language; therefore, bilingual English/Spanish oral and written proficiency is required to translate and interpret.
• This position requires the incumbent to travel to various landscape sites throughout the Bay Area to meet with employees, customers, and other third parties; proof of a valid California driver’s license, current auto insurance, and an acceptable driving record are therefore required.
• This is a hybrid position with some travel between sites when necessary and all equipment provided for remote work.
COMPENSATION: $58K – $78K annual
*To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
NOTICE: This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. Rubicon reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at any time with & without notice.
Rubicon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values diversity of culture and thought. We seek talented, qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, conviction history, uniform service membership/veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical conditions, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression regardless of physical gender, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Rubicon is using E-Verify to validate the eligibility of our new employees to work legally in the United States.