Looking for a fulfilling career working outdoors? Rubicon Landscape Group, an enterprise program of Rubicon Programs, Inc., is a full-service landscape maintenance and construction company with commercial, municipal, and government clients. We offer the above industry benefits and have been voted a 2022 Great Place to Work by our employees.
This full-time management position is responsible for selling the services of Rubicon Landscape (maintenance and installation) and effectively representing Rubicon Landscape through direct interaction with clients. The Sales Developer will manage, plan, implement, and coordinate all sales operations promote effective service delivery. We’re looking for a salesperson skilled in effectively bidding for jobs and ensuring profitability with all contracts signed.
- Meet with, and conduct presentations for, prospective clients to conduct needs analyses to develop an appropriate landscape estimate. Present a comprehensive, details proposal to prospective clients. Ability and desire to find new customers and fostering bid opportunities.
- Develop Sales Plans that will denote Rubicon’s strategic goals for market share and market penetration.
- Measure projects for quotes, design and submit bids by creating estimates and proposals, ensuring profitability (accurate labor costs are factored and any subcontract work is identified and quoted). Ability to read landscape planting and irrigation blueprints, and perform take offs duties (detailed measurement of materials and labor needed to complete a project).
- Use ASPIRE software to develop project estimates
- Ability to work with operational staff to accurately prepare labor cost estimates and take offs on new bids and proposals.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel to various landscape sites throughout the Bay Area to meet with employees, customers and other third parties; proof of a valid California driver’s license, current auto insurance and an acceptable driving record are therefore required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
- Proven skills in selling and managing landscape services; ability to use considerable judgment, initiative and independence; flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects; landscape, construction or related industry knowledge is required.
- Hands-on experience with basic financial management, billing, and costing; proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; excellent oral and written communication skills; interpersonal flexibility and solid teamwork.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental and Vision health plans. Kaiser and Sutter Health options.
- 3 weeks paid vacation and sick leave, 13 paid holidays.
- 4 days paid restorative holiday between Christmas and New Years.
- Employer sponsored and matched retirement plan.
- Pre-tax transportation and flexible spending accounts.
Rubicon requires proof of vaccination for employment.
Rubicon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of culture, thought and lived experiences. We seek talented, qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, conviction history, uniform service membership/veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical conditions, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression regardless of physical gender, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Rubicon uses E- Verify to validate the eligibility of our new employees to work legally in the United States.