For Planners: Mastering the Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
Two Workshops for Plan Checkers and Planning Department Employees
As California continues to face unprecedented drought conditions, the current Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (MWELO) is more important than ever.
Join us to learn all about MWELO with instructor Kim O’Cain of O’Cain Consulting, Inc. With over 16 years of experience at the City of Santa Monica, Kim’s first-hand knowledge will provide planning departments, plan checkers and inspectors with what they need to know and do to be compliant with the ordinance.
Through in-person instruction and interactive exercises, you will learn:
- What is MWELO?
- MWELO essential elements – soils, irrigation, plans and water budgets
- How to check a plan for MWELO compliance
- MWELO plan checking and inspecting pitfalls to avoid
Workshops are presented by the California Landscape Contractors Association in partnership with the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.
To attend for free
- Register and place a $50 deposit on the workshop.
- Deposit will be refunded via check upon workshop attendance and completion
- Your deposit becomes non-refundable if you do not attend, attend less than 90 percent or if you cancel your attendance within 10 days of the workshop.
Our Presenter: Kim O’Cain
Kim O’Cain spent more than 16 years with the City of Santa Monica leading cutting-edge water conservation policies, programs, and outreach that have been replicated in cities across the country.
Her experience covers every aspect of developing and implementing successful water conservation projects, including writing and enforcing ordinances, performing water audits for residential and commercial customers and piloting new technologies and practices that have transformed the market. Kim authored the Department of Water Resources MWELO Guidebook.