President Evan Moffitt, Board of Directors Assume Office
Evan Moffitt, CLT, of SiteOne Landscape Supply, sworn in as 2023 President of the California Landscape Contractors Association
Joining Moffitt on the association’s 2023 Board of Directors are:
- President-Elect Tom Sweeney, CWM, Landscape Care Company
- Immediate Past President Megan Rios, Rios Design Studio, LLC
- Secretary-Treasurer Alex Salazar, Groundcare Landscape Company
- Director of Education Lindsay Ono, Bakersfield College
- Director of Events Ana Cooper, Frank and Grossman Landscape Contractors, Inc.
- Director of Legislation Jay Martinez, JVM Landscape Construction, Inc.
- Director of Resource Management Paul Hansen, Southwest Landscape, Inc.
- Associate Member Director Chris McNairy, Hunter Industries/FX Luminaire
- Chapter Presidents Council Co-Director Ian Campbell, MSE Landscape Professionals, Inc.
- Chapter Presidents Council Co-Director Lou Penning, Lou Penning Landscape, Inc.
- CLCA Executive Director Sandra Giarde, CAE
Moffitt and the board were sworn into office during the association’s annual Leadership Conference, which was held in Sacramento January 24-25, 2023.
Moffitt’s tenure as an active CLCA member started when he was a student member at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, roughly 20 years ago. Since then, he has been a contractor member and an associate member.
He is currently SiteOne Landscape Supply’s Area Business Manager for the Greater Los Angeles market. He previously worked for KD Janni Landscaping, starting as a construction foreman and eventually working his way up to Director of Landscape and Tree Management.
At CLCA, he has served on the boards of the San Luis Obispo and Channel Islands chapters. He was a member of the state Education and Resource Management committees and Co-Director of the Chapter Presidents Council before joining the state Board as President Elect.
He says that his “true passion is training and education of the landscape industry. I want to help everyone learn and grow.”
His goals for 2023 include revitalizing the Training Task Force and updating the association’s Landscape Standards Book.
The California Landscape Contractors Association is a non-profit trade organization of licensed landscape contractors and others related to the landscape industry. The association’s core goal is to support CLCA members as they create beautiful, enduring landscapes that improve the quality of life. Although formally incorporated in 1952, CLCA has been meeting as an association since 1937.