Equip Expo | Louisville, Kentucky
Equip Expo is America’s largest green industry trade show, and the ideal platform for CLCA leaders and distinguished members to share their expertise about a fundamentals shift in the marketplace: The 2024 transition from gasoline-powered equipment to battery power.
With dozens of educational offerings, 1,000-plus exhibits in the 675,000 square feet expo hall and a 30-acre outdoor demo zone, the Equip Expo has plenty to offer. One of the highlights will be the California Equation session on October 20.
In the session, a panel of experts will explain how they’re adapting to changing regulations in California, and how trends in the Golden State will impact the business across the country.
Gasoline-powered outdoor power equipment that landscapers use everyday — lawn mowers, leaf blowers, weed trimmers, chainsaws and power washers in — will be banned from sale in California starting in 2024. Only battery/electric outdoor power equipment will be available for sale in mid 2024.
This shift in the market will fundamentally change the way landscape businesses operate, from the machines on the trailer, to how shops are set up, to new training for staff their crews and getting power to job sites.
Joining moderator Chuck Bowen, the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute’s Vice President for Communications and Member Relations, will be:
- Pete Dufau, President, Dufau Landscape, and past president of the California Landscape Contractors Association
- Sandra Giarde, CAE, CLCA Executive Director
- Brian Helgoe, Founder and CEO, Monarch Landscape Companies
- Evan Moffitt, Business Development Manager, SiteOne Landscape Supply, and CLCA 2022 President Elect
- Jack York, Director of Product Line Development, Ewing (a CLCA member).
<h6><a href=”https://www.equipexposition.com” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>View Equip Expo website</a>.</h6>