A $16M non-profit Rubicon, provides direct services at six locations in Alameda and Contra Costa counties and operates a growing commercial landscape social enterprise program that is a leader in sustainable practices. Rubicon transforms East Bay communities by equipping people to break the cycle of poverty. Recognized as a national leader in workforce development, Rubicon provides individualized one-on-one career advising, job search support, financial education, wellness, and legal services, to very low-income people who face significant barriers to achieving economic mobility.
Rubicon is a 2022 Great Place to Work on a journey towards becoming a high-road employer and an anti-racist organization. We are committed to systems change and advocacy through efforts like expanding and deepening Employee Resource Groups; the launch of an internal Racial Justice Task Force; and implementation of talent and culture supports that acknowledge and facilitate healing from the direct and indirect effects of racial trauma.
Rubicon actively recruits staff members with a diversity of culture, thought, and lived experiences who are not only highly skilled, but who consistently demonstrate a commitment to our vision of an East Bay without poverty and are passionate about this work.
Looking for a fulfilling career working outdoors? Rubicon Landscape Group, an enterprise program of Rubicon Programs, Inc., is a full-service landscape maintenance and construction company with commercial, municipal, and government clients. We offer the above industry benefits and have been voted a 2022 Great Place to Work by our employees.
Rubicon actively recruits staff members with a diversity of culture, thought, and lived experiences.
The Landscape Irrigation Specialist works under the supervision of the Operations Supervisor to support the installation and maintenance of irrigation equipment and systems as required by the Rubicon Landscape Services. This position will report to the Operations Supervisor.
- Installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and testing of irrigation equipment, systems and pumps; includes but is not limited to computerized, manual and electronic valve clocks, irrigation systems and controllers, solenoid valves and heads.
- Map irrigation systems for master plans.
- Monitor and manage irrigation schedules on proactive basis.
- Programming controllers and training others on how to program.
- Use of web-based systems to review irrigation flows, schedules, alerts and irregularities.
- Provide guidance and assistance to Water Conservation Programs.
- Assist the Operations Supervisor and perform other duties, as needed.
- Keep a clean, orderly and safe workplace.
- Attend and/or participating in regular meetings with supervisor and other staff as assigned.
- Communicating directly with clients to explain the issues and repairs made
QUALIFICATIONS: The landscape Irrigation Specialist must have:
- At least 5 years of experience performing landscape irrigation installation and repairs and management of commercial irrigation systems, centralized irrigation control, water budgeting and soil moisture management.
- Experience with automated and manually operated portable irrigation systems, operation and repair.
- Experience and expertise mapping irrigation systems for master plans.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility and the ability to work independently.
- Effective communication skills, interpersonal flexibility and teamwork.
- The ability to be bonded and/or pass a background check for work on Federal sites
- The physical capacity to work outdoors in all seasons of the year and to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The ability as a representative of the agency to project a consistently positive, professional and competent image in all dealings with the public.
- Experience in accurate, timely and effective record-keeping and reporting including cost sheets, timesheets, purchase orders, as well as petty cash and inventory.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel efficiently throughout the Bay Area and therefore proof of a valid driver license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report are required; if the incumbent prefers to drive a personal vehicle, proof of auto insurance must also be provided.
- Be a team player.
- Current Irrigation Association Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor certification.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Docs.
Bachelor of Science degree from accredited university, preferably in Landscape Design, Agronomy or Horticulture, or extensive past employment in agronomy and commercial irrigation system operations and management.
HOURS: 40 hours per week.
STARTING PAY: Dependent on qualifications.
AS A RUBICON EMPLOYEE, YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Medical HMO/HSA, dental, and vision health plans.
- Paid vacation (0-3 years = 3 weeks (15 days) per year | 3+ years = 4 weeks (20 days) per year)
- Sick leave (12 days/year), and company holidays.
- Employee-sponsored retirement plan.
- Company uniform with free laundering and mending.
- Provided PPE, vehicle, trailer, and equipment.
- A safety-focused, professional workplace.
- Year-round, full-time position.
- Competitive hourly pay, including federal prevailing wage for some assignments.
- Advancement opportunities.
Rubicon requires proof of vaccination for employment.
Rubicon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of culture, thought and lived experiences. We seek talented, qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, conviction history, uniform service membership/veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical conditions, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression regardless of physical gender, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Rubicon uses E- Verify to validate the eligibility of our new employees to work legally in the United States.