President Paul Hansen, Board of Directors Assume Office
Paul Hansen of Southwest Landscape, Inc. sworn in as 2021 President of the California Landscape Contractors Association
Joining Hansen on the association’s 2021 Board of Directors are:
- President-Elect Megan Rios, Rios Design Studio, LLC
- Immediate Past President Regan Barry, Coastal Evergreen Co., Inc.
- Secretary-Treasurer Alex Salazar, Groundcare Landscape Company (joined board in 2021)
- Director of Education Lindsay Ono, Bakersfield College
- Director of Events Elizabeth Burns, Zone 24 Landscaping, Inc.
- Director of Membership Eric Santos, CLT, BrightView Landscape Services
- Director of Resource Management Tom Sweeney, CWM, Landscape Care Company (joined board in 2021)
- Associate Member Director Chris McNairy, Hunter Industries/FX Luminaire
- Chapter Presidents Council Co-Director Evan Moffitt, SiteOne Landscape Supply
- Chapter Presidents Council Co-Director Edward L. Wallace, Midwest Landscaping (joined board in 2021)
- CLCA Executive Director Sandra Giarde, CAE
Hansen and the board were sworn into office during the association’s annual Leadership Conference, which was held online January 13, 2021.
Hansen is the Director of Client Services at SouthWest Landscape, Inc. of Orange County. The firm specializes in commercial property management, focusing on shopping malls, multi-family complexes, corporate facilities, business parks and hotels. He holds ISA Certified Arborist and Tree Risk Assessor licenses and QWEL certifications.
Hansen’s tenure as an active CLCA member started in the Orange County chapter in 2012. He served as the chapter’s Programs Committee Chair for one year and as the chapter President for two years. In 2017 and 2018, he co-chaired CLCA’s Chapter Presidents Council. In 2019, he served as the association’s Director of Resource Management. In 2020, he was CLCA’s President-Elect.
After he was sworn in as president, Hansen promised Leadership Conference attendees that he would serve with integrity and passion. “I want to carry forth the vision and mission of the CLCA in unity with the grassroots efforts being done with each of our local chapters,” he said.
The California Landscape Contractors Association is a non-profit trade organization of licensed landscape contractors and others related to the landscape industry. The association’s core goal is to support CLCA members as they create beautiful, enduring landscapes that improve the quality of life. Although formally incorporated in 1952, CLCA has been meeting as an association since 1937.
CLCA’s 2021 Board of Directors
CLCA 2016 President Steve Jacobs installed the association’s 2021 Board of Directors during CLCA’s on-line Leadership Conference January 13.
Not pictured: Executive Director Sandra Giarde, CAE.