CLCA Member Benefit Webinar, With Mari Bradford: What Keeps Employers Up at Night?
Owners have a lot on their plate. In addition to profits and competitors, employee issues are also a challenge. Join us to learn more about six areas that often “Keep Employers Up at Night.”
- In this CLCA Member Benefit Webinar, you’ll learn:
- The 8 steps of conducting an investigation
- What to do when your employee is expecting
- How to Handle On the Job Injuries
- The Difference between Reasonable and Unreasonable Accommodations
- How to Determine Who is an Employee and Who is an Independent Contractor
- The Pitfalls of Meal and Rest Periods
Our presenter is human resource guru Mari Bradford, PHR, the voice behind CLCA’s popular HR Hotline. An experienced HR Generalist, Mari has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Organizational Communications from CSU Sacramento and her Professional In Human Resources certification from the Society for Human Resource Management.
Before joining CEA in 2005, Mari held HR Management positions for both small and large companies in the Software and IT industry. An expert on California employment law and compliance matters, Mari is also a skilled trainer, a dynamic speaker and a humourist at heart. Mari’s excellent communication skills allow her to deliver trainings that are educational as well as entertaining. She is familiar with all of the challenges that green industry managers and owners can face when running a business in California.
Webinar originally presented November 9, 2017. Information in this webinar was accurate at the time of presentation.
Handout: Click here to download, (1 MB PDF)